Thursday, July 25, 2013

Neurodiversity

I like the idea of broaching Autism/Asperger's/PDD-NOS as a form of neurodiveristy as opposed to a disability. I've never seen myself or my son as disabled nor do I want a cured. I love myself just the way I am. And I can't imagine my son being any other way other than his wildly energetic, funny, loving, stemtastical (my new word for the day), happy-go-lucky, honest, sensitive, social, nurturing, dutiful and beautiful self.

As for me, I love the way my brain drinks in loads of information, filters it, categorized it and regurgitates it when triggered...like a fill-in-the-blanks kind of thing. I have a need to be honest, a passion for love, I see beauty in everything and I so appreciate the simple things. I love the diversity of mankind without the woes of typical thinking. I love complex thought processes and patterns and I love the company of myself. A bit of an introvert, yet I'm able to project myself when needed. I have an awesome imagination that gives way for some of the best play...ever. I love my ability to communicate on many different levels. I am unique...an individual. I am a visionary, a thinker, a problem solver. I love challenges and I live for a good debate. I cherish innocence and all good things. What more can you ask for in life.

I just want for me and my son to be accepted as who we are by the ones we love.


http://autism.lovetoknow.com/sociological-cultural-aspects-autism

No comments: